- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sliced fresh mushrooms and green pepper, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Spread pizza sauce over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, if desired, saute mushrooms and green pepper in a skillet. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Top with the mushrooms and green pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p32
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Loaf(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >