Pizza Loaf Recipe
I'll always be thankful for the help my mother-in-law gave me when I first moved out to the farm. The "sure-to-please" recipes made a big adjustment easier. After all, dinnertime is often the only time a farm family can spend together...the meals had better turn out! Thanks to recipes like this one, my meals have been a "hit" much more often than a "miss."Ruth Tacoma, Falmouth, Michigan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, mix egg, pizza sauce, cornflakes, mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Pat half of the meat mixture into a 9-in. square pan. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over top. Cover with the remaining meat. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until no pink remains. Drain. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand a few minutes until cheese melts. Cut into squares to serve.
- CHEDDAR LOAF: Substitute a can of tomato sauce for the pizza sauce and shredded cheddar cheese for mozzarella. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review