- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, mix egg, pizza sauce, cornflakes, mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Pat half of the meat mixture into a 9-in. square pan. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over top. Cover with the remaining meat. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until no pink remains. Drain. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand a few minutes until cheese melts. Cut into squares to serve.
- CHEDDAR LOAF: Substitute a can of tomato sauce for the pizza sauce and shredded cheddar cheese for mozzarella. Yield: 9 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Loaf
Sort By :
"My family loved it. The cornflakes , mushrooms and cheese along with the pizza sauce made it taste like a pizza without the crust. I will definately make it again when I want something a little different from your standard meatloaf!"