"My husband and I love pizza and lasagna. In this recipe, we have the best of both," notes Vicki Melies of Glenwood, Iowa. "Because we are both watching our weight, I trimmed down the fat so we could still enjoy this favorite dish."
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato soup
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. For sauce, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup, tomato paste, water, onion and seasonings.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles and a third of the sauce, then pepperoni. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with three noodles and a third of the sauce. Top with mushrooms, red pepper, green onions and beef. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese. Sprinkle with olives.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until noodles are tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Lasagna in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p45
Reviews for Pizza Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review