Pizza in a Skillet Recipe
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 28 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1. Saute onion and green pepper in 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Lightly brown one tortilla in 1/2 teaspoon oil in the same skillet. Turn over; top with half of the pepperoni, tomatoes, onion mixture and cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper flakes if desired. Repeat for second pizza. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 467 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1051mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Pizza in a Skillet
"This was a great way to please everyone in the family. I loaded mine with veggies, pepperoni for my daughter and sauce and cheese for my son the purist. I'm thinking BBQ chicken skillet pizza next."