Pizza in a Skillet Recipe
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 28 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1. Saute onion and green pepper in 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Lightly brown one tortilla in 1/2 teaspoon oil in the same skillet. Turn over; top with half of the pepperoni, tomatoes, onion mixture and cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper flakes if desired. Repeat for second pizza. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 467 calories, 34 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,051 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.