Pizza in a Skillet Recipe
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 28 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1. Saute onion and green pepper in 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Lightly brown one tortilla in 1/2 teaspoon oil in the same skillet. Turn over; top with half of the pepperoni, tomatoes, onion mixture and cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper flakes if desired. Repeat for second pizza. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 467 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1051mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Pizza in a Skillet
"Easy and fast! I used a whole wheat tortilla and turkey pepperoni (much less than the recipe called for). Sauteed the veggies in olive oil cooking spray, ditto for browning the tortilla."
"This was a great way to please everyone in the family. I loaded mine with veggies, pepperoni for my daughter and sauce and cheese for my son the purist. I'm thinking BBQ chicken skillet pizza next."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.