Faced with a nearly empty fridge, Cara Cobb combined the ingredients she had on hand and created a quick pizza, using a tortilla for the crust. "It tasted great served with a green salad and a glass of iced tea," she notes from Abbeville, Georgia.
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 28 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Saute onion and green pepper in 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove and keep warm.
- Lightly brown one tortilla in 1/2 teaspoon oil in the same skillet. Turn over; top with half of the pepperoni, tomatoes, onion mixture and cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper flakes if desired. Repeat for second pizza. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Pizza in Country Woman July/August 2003, p37
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pizza in a Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2010
"This was a great way to please everyone in the family. I loaded mine with veggies, pepperoni for my daughter and sauce and cheese for my son the purist. I'm thinking BBQ chicken skillet pizza next."