Pizza in a Pot
With warm breadsticks or garlic toast on the side, this is one dinner I know my family will always eagerly eat. - Dianna Cline, Phillippi, West Virginia
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce,
- pizza sauce and tomato paste.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni and
- cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Yield: 8 servings.
If you'd like, substitute 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage for the pepperoni in Pizza in a Pot. Cook it along with the ground beef, green pepper and onion.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 473 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 829 mg sodium,