Pizza Grilled Cheese
Combine two all-time lunch favorites into one and you've got this recipe from 15-year-old Tim Kettering of Newville, Pennsylvania. His mother, Robin, says Tim created the sandwich with dipping sauce to satisfy his love for pizza.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 6 slices pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- Additional pizza sauce, optional
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice in a skillet,
- butter side down. Top with the cheese, pepperoni, pizza sauce and
- second bread slice, butter side up.
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown, turning once. Serve with
- additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,049 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.