Pizza Grilled Cheese Recipe
Combine two all-time lunch favorites into one and you've got this recipe from 15-year-old Tim Kettering of Newville, Pennsylvania. His mother, Robin, says Tim created the sandwich with dipping sauce to satisfy his love for pizza.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 6 slices pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- Additional pizza sauce, optional
- 1. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice in a skillet, butter side down. Top with the cheese, pepperoni, pizza sauce and second bread slice, butter side up.
- 2. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, turning once. Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,049 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC