Combine two all-time lunch favorites into one and you've got this recipe from 15-year-old Tim Kettering of Newville, Pennsylvania. His mother, Robin, says Tim created the sandwich with dipping sauce to satisfy his love for pizza.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 6 slices pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- Additional pizza sauce, optional
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice in a skillet, butter side down. Top with the cheese, pepperoni, pizza sauce and second bread slice, butter side up.
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown, turning once. Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Pizza Grilled Cheese in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p40
Reviews for Pizza Grilled Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review