Pizza for Dessert Recipe
At first glance, people might think this colorful "pizza" is a savory snack. But truth comes in the tasting! Kids get a kick out of the fun candy toppings.—Sandy Gibbons, Ocean Park, Washington
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 8 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Large green, red and white gumdrops
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Small black jelly beans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Press cookie dough onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Place coconut in a resealable plastic bag; add water and yellow and red food coloring. Seal bag and shake well to tint; set aside. Cut green gumdrops in half. Flatten red and white gumdrops. Using a 1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the center of each white gumdrop.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Place peanut butter in another microwave-safe bowl; microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until slightly softened. Spread chocolate over cookie crust; spread with peanut butter.
- 4. Sprinkle with "cheese" (tinted coconut). Top with "green peppers," "tomatoes" and "onions" (green, red and white gumdrops) and "olives" (black jelly beans); press down gently. Yield: 8-10 slices.
Reviews for Pizza for Dessert
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC