Pizza for Dessert
At first glance, people might think this colorful "pizza" is a savory snack. But truth comes in the tasting! Kids get a kick out of the fun candy toppings.—Sandy Gibbons, Ocean Park, Washington
8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, softened
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 8 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Large green, red and white gumdrops
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Small black jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Press cookie dough onto a greased 12-in.
- pizza pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack.
- Place coconut in a resealable plastic bag; add water, and yellow and
- red food coloring. Seal bag and shake well to tint; set aside. Cut
- green gumdrops in half. Flatten red and white gumdrops. Using a
- 1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the center of each white
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- Place peanut butter in another microwave-safe bowl; microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until slightly softened. Spread
- chocolate over cookie crust; spread with peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with "cheese" (tinted coconut). Top with "green peppers,"