It's time to rethink the way your family does pizza night. I heard about this recipe on a talk show and then personalized it by using home-canned sauce. —Susan Carlson, Perry, New York
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) pizza sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 2 cans pizza sauce and seasonings. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining pizza sauce until blended; stir into beef mixture. Add cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until cheese is completely melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot. Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Fondue in Country Ground Beef 1993, p5
Reviews for Pizza Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review