Pizza Fondue Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- Breadsticks, bagel chips, baked pita chips and/or tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the cornstarch, fennel, oregano and garlic powder until blended. Stir in pizza sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Gradually stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in olives. Keep warm.
- Serve with breadsticks, bagel chips, pita chips and/or tortilla chips. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Pizza Fondue(5)
Sort By :
Love the idea of using this as a pasta sauce rather than a dip- how smart you are!
This has been a Christmas Eve tradition for 25+ years...
good idea, i think i'll try it. dandydude in va.
I actually served this as a main dish. I didn't have any thing to dip into it so I served it over spaghetti noodles and a slice of garlic toast, with a salad.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >