- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 2 cans pizza sauce and seasonings. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining pizza sauce until blended; stir into beef mixture. Add cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until cheese is completely melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot. Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Fondue
Sort By :
"I love this fondue!My family is vegetarian so we leave out the beef and it turns out delicious every time!I know we will keep making this recipe time and time again. :)"
"I haven't made this yet, but will. And, Sallygirl7, I don't know where you were raised or where you are from but you need to get you nose out of the clouds! This recipe is far from a so-called "ghetto recipe" as you called it. If you don't have anything decent to say, I was always told not to say anything at all! 'Nuff said!!!"
"This is great! You can also omit the hamburger and use pre-cooked, frozen meatballs to dip. This would also be great as a spread on toasted pita bread, too. Raw veggies (broccoli and summer squash) would make good "dippers" for this, as well. So would larger pieces of macaroni cooked al dente which you could spear and dip."
"I can't wait to try this - we've been asked to provide a snack backstage for a school production and the cast of teenagers will gobble this right up - bite size bits will get them some hot food into them between costume changes and I haven't met a teenager yet who doesn't like dipping one food in another. Thanks for the cool and budget-saving idea!"
"Nice cheesey pizza dip, but it needs a little zip for my taste - next time I will add some diced pepperoni and spices"