I’ve been cooking since I was 6 years old and I’m always watching for recipes my friends and family will love. So when I tasted an unforgettable spaghetti sauce at a local restaurant, I just had to make my own version. —Angelina Falzarano, Midlothian, Texas
Featured In: 30 Chicken Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 7 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni, pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, olives and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve over pasta.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Pizza-Flavored Pasta Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p65
Reviews for Pizza-Flavored Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2013
"This was simple to put in the slow cooker and have ready when we needed it!"
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2013
"Nice sauce, the second time i used Nick's crumbled hot pizza sausage, added nice kick. next gonna try sauce on a real pizza."