Pizza-Flavored Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 7 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni, pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, olives and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve over pasta.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup equals 200 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Pizza-Flavored Pasta Sauce
"This was simple to put in the slow cooker and have ready when we needed it!"
"Nice sauce, the second time i used Nick's crumbled hot pizza sausage, added nice kick. next gonna try sauce on a real pizza."