Pizza-Flavored Pasta Sauce Recipe
I’ve been cooking since I was 6 years old and I’m always watching for recipes my friends and family will love. So when I tasted an unforgettable spaghetti sauce at a local restaurant, I just had to make my own version. —Angelina Falzarano, Midlothian, Texas
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 7 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni, pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, olives and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve over pasta.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup equals 200 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC