Pizza-Flavored Pasta Sauce Recipe
I’ve been cooking since I was 6 years old and I’m always watching for recipes my friends and family will love. So when I tasted an unforgettable spaghetti sauce at a local restaurant, I just had to make my own version. —Angelina Falzarano, Midlothian, Texas
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 7 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni, pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, olives and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve over pasta. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Pizza-Flavored Pasta Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p65
Reviews for Pizza-Flavored Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2013
"This was simple to put in the slow cooker and have ready when we needed it!"
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2013
"Nice sauce, the second time i used Nick's crumbled hot pizza sausage, added nice kick. next gonna try sauce on a real pizza."