I assemble these homemade pizza rolls ahead of time, refrigerate and brush with butter just before baking. Experiment with filling ingredients is you like. Nancy Foust, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
36 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound hard salami, cubed
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 loaves (20 ounces each) sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the salami, cheese and green pepper;
- cover and process until finely chopped. Stir in the tomato paste,
- basil and oregano.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread 1 tablespoon salami mixture
- over one side of each slice of bread. Roll up tightly; cut in half.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve
- warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pizza fingers equals 163 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.