Pizza Fingers Recipe
- 1/2 pound hard salami, cubed
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 loaves (20 ounces each) sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a food processor, combine the salami, cheese and green pepper; cover and process until finely chopped. Stir in the tomato paste, basil and oregano.
- 2. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread 1 tablespoon salami mixture over one side of each slice of bread. Roll up tightly; cut in half.
- 3. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 each: 163 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Fingers
"Oops, that was supposed to be a 5 star rating, :-)"
"This is quick, fun, and yummy! Nice and crunchy when it's fresh, and as leftovers, it's soft and chewy like pizza dough. Our kids loved it!"