Pizza Fingers Recipe
- 1/2 pound hard salami, cubed
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 loaves (20 ounces each) sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a food processor, combine the salami, cheese and green pepper; cover and process until finely chopped. Stir in the tomato paste, basil and oregano.
- 2. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread 1 tablespoon salami mixture over one side of each slice of bread. Roll up tightly; cut in half.
- 3. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 each: 163 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Fingers
"Oops, that was supposed to be a 5 star rating, :-)"
"This is quick, fun, and yummy! Nice and crunchy when it's fresh, and as leftovers, it's soft and chewy like pizza dough. Our kids loved it!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.