Pizza Fingers Recipe
I assemble these homemade pizza rolls ahead of time, refrigerate and brush with butter just before baking. Experiment with filling ingredients is you like. —Nancy Foust, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 pound hard salami, cubed
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 loaves (20 ounces each) sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a food processor, combine the salami, cheese and green pepper; cover and process until finely chopped. Stir in the tomato paste, basil and oregano.
- 2. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread 1 tablespoon salami mixture over one side of each slice of bread. Roll up tightly; cut in half.
- 3. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 pizza fingers equals 163 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC