Pizza English Muffins Recipe
From St. Paul, Minnesota, Lea Deluca recalls, "My mother prepared these individual pizzas for me from the time I started elementary school until I entered college. They're a big hit with all ages."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) English muffins, split
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic salt, oregano and cayenne. Spread over the cut side of each English muffin. Place on baking sheets. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle over meat mixture.
- 2. Freeze for up to 3 months or bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 English muffin half equals 145 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC