- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) English muffins, split
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic salt, oregano and cayenne. Spread over the cut side of each English muffin. Place on baking sheets. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle over meat mixture.
- Freeze for up to 3 months or bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Pizza English Muffins
Sort By :
"Made these.....we love 'em!! I do think I'd use the whole pound of sausage the next time. They were sort of labor intensive. .I found out early on that you need to be cautious not to pile on the meat mixture too liberally or you run out of it fast. BrytEyz, I can't imagine the first batch you made being so awful that you threw all that food away and wasted it!! That just wouldn't happen in my family. We'd eat them, then work on adjusting the recipe to better suit our tastes. The changes you made really weren't all that different. Maybe it was the Swiss cheese, which is a little unusual on pizza. We couldn't even taste the sausage in the topping."
"The first time I made this, I made some substitutions based on what I had on hand, and the kids LOVED it. The next time I decided to follow the recipe to a T, and the whole family disliked it so much that we ended up throwing out the whole batch. However, as long as I stick to my original accidental alteration of the recipe, it's a staple that I know my kids will always eat. My "fixes" include using all ground beef (no pork), only mozzarella and cheddar (no swiss), and increasing the tomato paste to an entire can. Now it's a keeper!"
"I will try this recipe. Sounds easy and can be used several differnt ways.FancyBetty AL"