From St. Paul, Minnesota, Lea Deluca recalls, "My mother prepared these individual pizzas for me from the time I started elementary school until I entered college. They're a big hit with all ages."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) English muffins, split
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic salt, oregano and cayenne. Spread over the cut side of each English muffin. Place on baking sheets. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle over meat mixture.
- Freeze for up to 3 months or bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Pizza English Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p41
Reviews for Pizza English Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review