Pizza Egg Rolls Recipe
My husband and kids love these very untraditional egg rolls. Their crisp wrappers and flavorful pizza filling make them taste so good!
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 13 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool for 20 minutes. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Brush remaining corner with egg; roll up tightly to seal.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 13 egg rolls.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC