Pizza Egg Rolls
My husband and kids love these very untraditional egg rolls. Their crisp wrappers and flavorful pizza filling make them taste so good!
13 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 13 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and green pepper over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and
- simmer 10 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over