"I'm asked to make these special hot dogs whenever I come home from college," shares Rachel Tollefson of Selby, South Dakota. "Dressed up with pizza sauce, pepperoni and melted cheese, these sandwiches are sure to be a hit at your house, too."
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 15 slices slices pepperoni, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 to 14 hot dog buns, split
- 12 to 14 hot dogs, cooked
- In a large saucepan, combine pizza sauce and pepperoni; heat through.
- Stir in the cheese until melted. Spoon about 2 tablespoons into each
- bun; top with a hot dog. Yield: 12-14 servings.