"I'm asked to make these special hot dogs whenever I come home from college," shares Rachel Tollefson of Selby, South Dakota. "Dressed up with pizza sauce, pepperoni and melted cheese, these sandwiches are sure to be a hit at your house, too."
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 15 slices slices pepperoni, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 to 14 hot dog buns, split
- 12 to 14 hot dogs, cooked
- In a large saucepan, combine pizza sauce and pepperoni; heat through. Stir in the cheese until melted. Spoon about 2 tablespoons into each bun; top with a hot dog. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Dogs in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p41
Reviews for Pizza Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review