Pizza Dip in a Pumpkin Recipe
"I make this dip in the fall when entertaining," relates Laurene Hunsicker of Canton, Pennsylvania. "Everyone enjoys the pizza flavor. Kids especially like dipping with bread that's cut into the shape of ghosts, cats, pumpkins and bats. So get out your cookie cutters!"
- 1 small pie pumpkin (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Cut top off of pumpkin; scoop out seeds and fibers. Replace top; place pumpkin on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until hot.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir over medium heat until dip is heated through and cheese is melted. Pour into hot pumpkin. Serve with breadsticks. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC