Pizza Dip in a Pumpkin Recipe
- 1 small pie pumpkin (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Cut top off of pumpkin; scoop out seeds and fibers. Replace top; place pumpkin on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until hot.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir over medium heat until dip is heated through and cheese is melted. Pour into hot pumpkin. Serve with breadsticks. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 62 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Dip in a Pumpkin
"Super easy and very tasty! Kids loved it. I made the breadstick bones to use for dipping."