"I make this dip in the fall when entertaining," relates Laurene Hunsicker of Canton, Pennsylvania. "Everyone enjoys the pizza flavor. Kids especially like dipping with bread that's cut into the shape of ghosts, cats, pumpkins and bats. So get out your cookie cutters!"
Recommended: Throw a 2016 Emmy Party
- 1 small pie pumpkin (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cut top off of pumpkin; scoop out seeds and fibers. Replace top; place pumpkin on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until hot.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir over medium heat until dip is heated through and cheese is melted. Pour into hot pumpkin. Serve with breadsticks. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Pizza Dip in a Pumpkin in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p9
Reviews for Pizza Dip in a Pumpkin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2010
"Super easy and very tasty! Kids loved it. I made the breadstick bones to use for dipping."