Pizza Crescent Bake
"When my husband and I were first married, I didn't have many recipes," recalls Laurie Malyuk of River Falls, Wisconsin. "When my cousin found out, she wrote out nearly 50 of themincluding this family favorite."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough; place in a lightly greased 13-in.
- x 9-in. baking dish. Press to seal perforations.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Sprinkle over dough. Top with pizza sauce and sprinkle with
- Unroll remaining crescent dough and place over cheese; seal
- perforations. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 385 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.