Pizza Chicken Roll-Ups
I love the chicken roll-ups my mom made for special occasions, filled with spinach and cream cheese. My own kids wouldn't eat those, so I came up with a pizza-flavored variety the whole family enjoys. —Tanja Penquite, Oregon, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 12 pepperoni slices
- 8 slices slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place three slices of pepperoni
- and one slice of cheese on each. Roll up tightly; secure with
- toothpicks. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Spoon
- pizza sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no
- longer pink. Uncover; top with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 344 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 673 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.