—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken in a Medium or Large Ziploc® Zip 'n Steam™ Bag. Seal bag. Pat chicken into a single layer and place bag in microwave. Cook on full power for 4 minutes (Medium bag) or 3-1/2 minutes (Large bag) or until meat is no longer pink. Chicken should be thoroughly cooked before adding remaining ingredients.
- Allow bag to stand 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag. Leave cooked chicken in bag. Add cheese, pizza sauce, flour, oregano, garlic powder and salt to bag. Seal bag and gently shake to combine ingredients. Pat ingredients into a single layer and place bag in microwave.
- Cook on full power for an additional 1-1/2 minutes to melt cheese and make sauce. Allow bag to stand 1 minute before handling. Wearing an oven mitt, gently squeeze bag to combine cheese sauce. Carefully open bag and serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Cheesy Chicken in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p62
Reviews for Pizza Cheesy Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2015
"My family had mixed feeling on this one. I thought it was good as did my boys but my husband did not like the taste of pizza sauce in it."