My husband loved the pizza burgers at a restaurant back home in New York. We can't get them as often anymore since we moved to Delaware, so I decided to try to duplicate the recipe. It must have worked; my husband says they're great.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into two 4-in. patties. In a skillet,
- fry patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Top each patty with cheese. Serve on buns with pizza sauce. Yield: 2
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now