My husband loved the pizza burgers at a restaurant back home in New York. We can't get them as often anymore since we moved to Delaware, so I decided to try to duplicate the recipe. It must have worked; my husband says they're great.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two 4-in. patties. In a skillet, fry patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top each patty with cheese. Serve on buns with pizza sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Burgers in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p71
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pizza Cheeseburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review