You'll get big smiles all around when you put this cheesy, beefy pasta bake on the dinner table. Kids and adults alike enjoy the fantastic pizza taste.Judie Heiderscheit, Holy Cross, Iowa
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked wagon wheels or pasta of your choice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, mushrooms, olives,
- Italian seasoning and salt. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated
- through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet