"A friend from church gave me the recipe for this satisfying casserole for the slow cooker," reports Julie Sterchi of Jackson, Missouri. "It's always one of the first dishes emptied at potlucks, and it can easily be adapted to personal tastes."
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef and onion over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink; drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, salt,
- garlic powder, oregano and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon half of mixture into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with half of the
- noodles, pepperoni and cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low
- for 4-5 hours or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 534 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 1,009 mg sodium,