Pizza Carbonara Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Unroll pizza crust. Press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. Spread over hot crust. Sprinkle with bacon, Monterey Jack cheese and green onions.
- Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pizza Carbonara(6)
Sort By :
This is not "Carbonara", there is no egg in it.
This is now on my rotate list! EVERYONE in the family just loved it, and that just doesn't happen! We have to make multiple recipes, so I cooked the bacon in the oven. This was absolutely delicious and I recommend it without reservation!
I made this tonight for the first time and it is officially on my list of favorite recipes. I made a homemade crust instead of store bought and it is simply AMAZING! I love that the "carbonara" is egg free, too. I can't say enough about how great this is. Thank you, Sherry Keethler, for sharing!!
Want to try it with home made pizza dough, found store bought hard to work with. Very tasty, a bit time consuming but well worth it
good recipe, will make this again!