Convenient refrigerated pizza crust is dressed up with a creamy Parmesan sauce and a topping of Monterey Jack cheese, bacon and green onions in this tasty recipe. It's a deliciously different addition to any pizza party. —Sherry Keethler Lake St. Louis, Missouri
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Unroll pizza crust. Press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. Spread over hot crust. Sprinkle with bacon, Monterey Jack cheese and green onions.
- Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Carbonara in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pizza Carbonara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review