Our kids had a great time putting together this cute creation for a Cub Scout cake auction. Using a boxed cake mix made preparation of the crust fast and easy.—Caroline Simzisko, Cordova, Tennessee
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Red liquid or paste food coloring
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, grated
- 2 strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour the batter
- into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place each cake on a 10-in. serving platter. Combine the frosting and
- food coloring; spread over the top of each cake to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Sprinkle with grated chocolate for cheese.
- Unroll Fruit Roll-Ups; use a 1-1/2 in. round cutter to cut into
- circles for pepperoni. Arrange on cakes. Yield: 2 cakes (6-8
- servings each).