Pizza by the Yard Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (20 inches), halved lengthwise
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the uncooked beef, olives, onion, Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper. Spread to the edges of the cut surface of the bread.
- 2. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 388 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 957 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.