Pizza by the Yard Recipe
These unique pizzas are always a big hit at gatherings with family and friends. They're equally as good after the party; I enjoy some when I raid the fridge in the middle of the night - if there's any leftover, that is!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (20 inches), halved lengthwise
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the uncooked beef, olives, onion, Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper. Spread to the edges of the cut surface of the bread.
- 2. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 388 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 957mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Pizza by the Yard
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC