These taste especially good as a snack after an afternoon of cross-country skiing or snowmobiling. I prepare them before we go and pop them in the fridge, then just heat them when we get home!—Eleanor Martens, Rosenort, Manitoba
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushrooms, drained
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Buttered hamburger buns
- In a skillet, cook ground beef with onion and garlic over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the ketchup, mustard, oregano and Worcestershire sauce; stir
- into beef mixture. Add mushrooms and mix well. Simmer 15 minutes or
- until heated through. Spoon onto buttered hamburger buns; sprinkle
- with mozzarella cheese.
- Place on baking sheets; heat under broiler until cheese melts. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 148 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium,