Pizza Buns Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushrooms, drained
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Buttered hamburger buns
- 1. In a skillet, cook ground beef with onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Combine the ketchup, mustard, oregano and Worcestershire sauce; stir into beef mixture. Add mushrooms and mix well. Simmer 15 minutes or until heated through. Spoon onto buttered hamburger buns; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Place on baking sheets; heat under broiler until cheese melts. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 148 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Buns
"Sounds yummy but can't have only 7 carbs with the bun included!"