These taste especially good as a snack after an afternoon of cross-country skiing or snowmobiling. I prepare them before we go and pop them in the fridge, then just heat them when we get home!—Eleanor Martens, Rosenort, Manitoba
Featured In: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushrooms, drained
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Buttered hamburger buns
- In a skillet, cook ground beef with onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the ketchup, mustard, oregano and Worcestershire sauce; stir into beef mixture. Add mushrooms and mix well. Simmer 15 minutes or until heated through. Spoon onto buttered hamburger buns; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place on baking sheets; heat under broiler until cheese melts. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Buns in Country Ground Beef 1993, p25
Reviews for Pizza Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2013
"Sounds yummy but can't have only 7 carbs with the bun included!"