This moist, cheesy bread is a fun appetizer that I also use to complement Italian meals and main-dish salads.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle cornmeal on bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Cut
- each biscuit into quarters; toss with pizza sauce. Place in dish;
- sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 141 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.