Pizza Bread (Pizza Sandwiches)
When I was growing up, my parents worked. So I learned basic cooking skills in Boy Scouts to prepare meals at home. These days, my wife Diane, and I share the kitchen responsibilities.Steve Mirro, Cape Coral, Florida
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (20 inches) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, Combine beef, tomato paste, olives, Parmesan cheese,
- chives, salt, oregano and pepper. Spread to the edges of the cut
- surface of the bread. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese; return
- to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 495 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,282 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.