When I was growing up, my parents worked. So I learned basic cooking skills in Boy Scouts to prepare meals at home. These days, my wife Diane, and I share the kitchen responsibilities.—Steve Mirro, Cape Coral, Florida
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (20 inches) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, Combine beef, tomato paste, olives, Parmesan cheese, chives, salt, oregano and pepper. Spread to the edges of the cut surface of the bread. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Bread (Pizza Sandwiches) in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p47
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pizza Bread (Pizza Sandwiches)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review