- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (20 inches) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, Combine beef, tomato paste, olives, Parmesan cheese, chives, salt, oregano and pepper. Spread to the edges of the cut surface of the bread. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now