Pizza Biscuits Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Pour butter into a 9-in. square baking dish; set aside. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, onion, oil, garlic, basil and oregano. Cut each biscuit into four wedges; dip into tomato mixture.
- 2. Place in prepared pan; pour any remaining tomato mixture over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (4 biscuit pieces, prepared with part-skim mozzarella) equals 99 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pizza Biscuits
"Okay I made this aliitle different. Cut up 2 cans biscuits tossed them into dish Used canned spag sauce poured it over the biscuits, topped with cheeze and pep and baked it about 20 minutes. The kids ate every bit of this!! Supper quick and easy."