For fast appetizers or after-school munchies, fix a batch of these zippy bites from Angie Marquart of Bellville, Ohio. They're covered with onion, seasoned tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Add whatever pizza toppings you like.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Pour butter into a 9-in. square baking dish; set aside. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, onion, oil, garlic, basil and oregano. Cut each biscuit into four wedges; dip into tomato mixture.
- Place in prepared pan; pour any remaining tomato mixture over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Biscuits in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p54
Reviews for Pizza Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2010
"Okay I made this aliitle different. Cut up 2 cans biscuits tossed them into dish Used canned spag sauce poured it over the biscuits, topped with cheeze and pep and baked it about 20 minutes. The kids ate every bit of this!! Supper quick and easy."