For fast appetizers or after-school munchies, fix a batch of these zippy bites from Angie Marquart of Bellville, Ohio. They're covered with onion, seasoned tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Add whatever pizza toppings you like.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Pour butter into a 9-in. square baking dish; set aside. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, onion, oil, garlic, basil and oregano. Cut each biscuit into four wedges; dip into tomato mixture.
- Place in prepared pan; pour any remaining tomato mixture over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Biscuits in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p54
Reviews for Pizza Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review