Pizza Biscuit Bears Recipe
Our Test Kitchen staff set aside the porridge recipes and came up with these charming biscuits that are just right! The cute little bears, which get their personality from pizza toppings, are delicious with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 12 slices ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- 1. Separate biscuits; place six biscuits 3 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut each remaining biscuit into six pieces; roll each into balls. Attach two balls to each whole biscuit for ears; pinch dough to seal.
- 2. Decorate each bear with a pepperoni slice on each ear, olive slices for eyes, green pepper for nose, two pimiento strips for mouth and mozzarella cheese for furry forelock. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 976 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC