Pizza Biscuit Bears Recipe
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 12 slices ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- 1. Separate biscuits; place six biscuits 3 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut each remaining biscuit into six pieces; roll each into balls. Attach two balls to each whole biscuit for ears; pinch dough to seal.
- 2. Decorate each bear with a pepperoni slice on each ear, olive slices for eyes, green pepper for nose, two pimiento strips for mouth and mozzarella cheese for furry forelock. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 288 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Biscuit Bears
"We did change this slighty because my kids do not like green peppers. We used a cherry tomato for the nose instead. They LOVED this recipe, it is very good and easy to make."
"My kids really liked these."
"looks good, will try it for the grandbabies."
"not a bad idea but you'd have to slice the biscuit first, fill it and crimp the sides, or put them in the fridge for next time, or eat 'em on the side."
"The recipe only calls for 12 slices of pepperoni and olives, 2 for each bear. There is no "rest" of them."
"What do you do with the reat of the pepperoni and olives do you put them in side the biscuits."
"These could be changed into cats, by changing ear shapes to triangles and adding whiskers."