Our Test Kitchen staff set aside the porridge recipes and came up with these charming biscuits that are just right! The cute little bears, which get their personality from pizza toppings, are delicious with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 12 slices ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Separate biscuits; place six biscuits 3 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut each remaining biscuit into six pieces; roll each into balls. Attach two balls to each whole biscuit for ears; pinch dough to seal.
- Decorate each bear with a pepperoni slice on each ear, olive slices for eyes, green pepper for nose, two pimiento strips for mouth and mozzarella cheese for furry forelock. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Biscuit Bears in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p40
Reviews for Pizza Biscuit Bears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review