Pizza Antipasto Salad Recipe
In Forestville, New York, Crystal Ranft tosses together this salad that's packed with pizza ingredients. "It's always a hit at family gatherings and social dinners," she notes. "And it's so flexible. I've used spinach instead of lettuce and pepperoni in place of salami."
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 8 ounces hard salami, julienned
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, julienned
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the lettuce on a large serving platter. Arrange the salami, cheeses, tomatoes and olives over top. Sprinkle with chives.
- 2. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Drizzle over salad. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 310 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,144 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC