Instead of using traditional tortillas and salsa, these out-of-the-ordinary tacos feature crispy pita bread and ranch salad dressing. It's an original recipe from my mom.Wendy Wilhelm, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- 4 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Ranch salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In another skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Fry the pita breads until
- puffed and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Cut each bread in
- half. Fill with beef mixture, lettuce, tomatoes and onion. Drizzle
- with salad dressing. Yield: 4 tacos.