Pita Pocket Chicken Salad
We wanted something cool for lunch one summer day, so I tossed together whatever I had in the refrigerator. This wonderful salad was the result. Guests enjoy the sweet grapes, tender chicken and crunchy almonds...and the always ask for the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 6 pita pocket halves
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, cucumber, almonds and
- mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Line pita
- breads with lettuce if desired; fill with chicken salad. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 492 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.