Pita Pocket Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 6 pita pocket halves
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, cucumber, almonds and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Line pita breads with lettuce if desired; fill with chicken salad. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 492 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.