We wanted something cool for lunch one summer day, so I tossed together whatever I had in the refrigerator. This wonderful salad was the result. Guests enjoy the sweet grapes, tender chicken and crunchy almonds...and the always ask for the recipe.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 6 pita pocket halves
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, cucumber, almonds and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Line pita breads with lettuce if desired; fill with chicken salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pita Pocket Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pita Pocket Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review