Pita Pizzas Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 5 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 5 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread with refried beans; top with beef, salsa and cheese.
- 2. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Yield: 5 servings.
1 pizza equals 394 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,024 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.