- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 5 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 5 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread with refried beans; top with beef, salsa and cheese.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Yield: 5 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pita Pizzas
Sort By :
"I modified this recipe to suit our tastes. I added a little taco seasoning to the meat and stirred in the salsa. I added a little more taco seasoning to the re-fried beans . I used tostada shells instead of pita bread and added shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, put in a 350 degree oven just until the cheese melted. Really good. Added sour cream and the onions. Really good."