"This recipe is great when time is of the essence and you're craving Mexican-style food," "Purchased pita bread makes an easy crust for ground beef, refried beans, salsa and cheese."
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 5 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 5 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread with refried beans; top with beef, salsa and cheese.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pita Pizzas in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p50
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pita Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review