Meredyth Crofton of Oak Grove, Oregon sends this fajita recipe which utilizes pantry ingredients, barbecue sauce and salsa, to create a unique tasting pita.
- 1 boneless beef top round steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the salsa, barbecue sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each pita half. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pita Fajitas in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p44
Reviews for Pita Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2010
"I thought this might be odd b/c of the bbq sauce but it was actually very very tasty!"