Meredyth Crofton of Oak Grove, Oregon sends this fajita recipe which utilizes pantry ingredients, barbecue sauce and salsa, to create a unique tasting pita.
- 1 boneless beef top round steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the salsa, barbecue sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each pita half. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pita Fajitas in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p44
Reviews for Pita Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review